Since 1283 it was the first residence of the Habsburgs, then residence of the kings and emperors of the Holy Roman Empire, and finally in 1918 seat of the emperor of Austria. It includes 18 buildings and around 2,600 rooms. Every emperor has left an imprint of itself as adding a room, collecting arts, or embellishing existing rooms. It is in baroque style and neoclassical. Today this complex houses museums, apartments, the Asbrurgo treasure chamber, the Spanish riding school.
It is one of the masterpieces of Austrian baroque architecture and one of the most beautiful princely residences in Europe. Construction began in 1712 and ended in 1717. A chapel was also built. The palace suffered damage during the Second World War and some parts were destroyed. The most important part is the French gardens. At the park there is a basin of water that cascades down with statues of nymphs and gods.
Originally it was a hunting reserve, after the war with the Turks it was transformed into a castle that even surpassed the palace of Versailles. Due to the wars, Queen Maria Teresa brought the work to an end by downsizing the project. Inside there are 1,441 rooms and salons, of which, however, only 390 were inhabited by the royal family. Today only 190 rooms are open to the public.
Founded in the mid-fifteenth century by the Habsburgs as a court library until 1920. It was built between 1723 and 1737. The central dome is full of frescoes, it is covered with wooden shelves and there are statues of figures from Austrian history and members of the Habsburg family. It also has important collections of incunabula, geographical maps and globes, papyrus, artificial languages, musical scores and images. It also includes Bohemian, French and Italian manuscripts in different languages.
Here he spent the most beautiful time of his life. It includes four rooms, two smaller rooms and a kitchen. Here it was here that he wrote some of his most important works, including "Le nozze di Figaro". For this reason it is also called Figarohaus. In this place he wrote many musical works. His home is in the first floor building but all six are open to the public.
It was created in 1964 and became a popular viewing tower and tourist attraction. It is 252 meters high. The platform is sometimes used during the summer for bungee jumping. There are also two revolving restaurants that offer a magnificent view. It is a private radio station and home to several radio broadcasting services.
It is symbol of the city. It was built in 1147 in Romanique style. It was only between the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries that it took on a Gothic style. The cathedral was severely damaged by Allied bombing and was rebuilt after three years. The vault is supported by tall columns richly decorated. On the side of the altar is the red marble tomb of Emperor Frederick III. The altar is decorated with 2 paintings of saints. There are numerous statues depicting the Madonna and Christ that link to popular legends. The entrance façade consists of the portal of the giants.
It is a complex of social housing built in 1986 by Friedensreich Hundertwasser. Of all the 50 apartments the facades are painted in bright colors and decorated with colorful ceramics. On each terrace there are hanging gardens to bring green to every home. These houses have become a tourist attraction. The decorative ceramics, fountains and bright colors also make this room cheerful and pleasant.
Church of St. Michele
It was built between 1219 and 1221 and is one of the oldest churches in Vienna. It is in Romanesque style with some baroque and neoclassical elements. It was damaged by bombing but was restored. The first crypt was built by the Herberstein family because it was for the rich while the poars were buried in a cemetery. The part of his Requiem was performed during Mozart's funeral. In the crypt they were destined for the rich and noble.
It is the most famous park in Vienna. Inside is the famous amusement park with attractions, among which the best known is the Riesenrad ferris wheel. There is also a museum and a planetarium.